A lot is happening at Do More With Your Dog!
Have a suggestion or recommend a change? The Advisory Board meets monthly and welcomes your ideas (it gives us something to talk about!) Please email us.
- Equinox Explorer 5k fitness title! 🌓 Register by September 30.
- Masters Champion (TDCH-M) has been approved for title recognition by the Canadian Kennel Club (CKC), as of Jan 1, 2024.
- New! Tricktionary app for iOS and Android! Download here.
- New title: Masters Champion (TDCH-M) title. Medal and rosette available.
- We added a page for Trick Dog Champion (TDCH) rules and sample videos.
- Rosettes now available for the “20 Dog Tricks: One Prop” title.
- Our bestselling Beach Bum hoodies are coming back… in a new color! Stay tuned.
- 🍋Lemon Collar Bow now available
- New product: 🎀Pink Collar Bow and 🧢Blue Collar Bow
- 3k Run/walk Fitness specialty title… Easter Bunny Run! Comes with medal.🐇
- Rosettes now available for Bunny Run!🐇
- Trick Dog Register of Merit (TD-ROM) title now allows siblings’ titles to be counted, in addition to offspring titles
- Rosettes now available for Trick Dog foundation levels: NTD, ITD, ATD, ETD
- Coming in October, TriDEx Regionals, PA
- New trick added: Whisper (Intermediate)
- New trick added: Egg and Spoon Race (Expert)
- New trick added: Cartwheel (Expert)
- Trick Dog Masters foundation level rosettes will be available April 25.
- New trick added: Jenga (Expert)
- Rosettes now available for “20 Dog Tricks: One Prop”!
- New website feature: you can now “edit” an item that is in your cart
- New Specialty Title! Canine Einstein 🧮
- In addition to the very popular Tricktionary, we added a Fit-tionary.
- We added a Stunt Dog-tionary to help you earn your Stunt Dog titles.
- New trick added: Heart (Intermediate)
- New trick added: Hopscotch (Expert)
- New trick added: Flag Wave (Advanced)
- New trick added: Pony Walk (Expert)
- New trick added: Wheel of Fortune (Novice)
- New trick added: Cornhole Bean Bag Game (Advanced)
- New trick added: Lick Lips (Intermediate)
- New trick added: Laundry Basket (Novice)
- New trick added: Time Out Corner (Advanced)
- New trick added: Cover Handler with Blanket (Advanced)
- New trick added: Bead Maze (Intermediate)
- New trick added: Ping Pong (Expert)
- New trick added: Xylophone (Advanced)
- New trick added: Shape Sorting Game (Expert)
- New trick added: Rear Foot Spin (Expert)
- New trick added: Chin Spin (Expert)
- New trick added: Bird Dog Yoga Pose (Expert)
- New trick added: Pounce (Advanced)
- New trick added: Put on a Hat (Expert)
- New trick added: Clothesline (Advanced)
- New trick added: Figure-8’s Through My Legs (Reverse) (Expert)
- New trick added: Triangle (Advanced)
- 🐶Become a CTDI! 🏷️Coupon code for 10% off: Holiday2022 Sign up here
- 🌈Free Shipping on all Rainbow series; coupon code: FreeShipRainbow
- January is Fitness Month! Get your dog’s Fitness title.
- New trick added: Dig (Intermediate)
- The trick of Barrel Racing was split into two tricks. The criteria of going around an object remains an intermediate trick, but has been renamed “Go Around.” “Barrel Racing” now has the criteria of going around three objects, and is advanced level.
- Instructors: Earn free prizes for student referrals!
- Two new tricks added to the Dog Tricks Dictionary: Ninja Roll (Advanced), and Trust Fall (Expert.)
- Dog Tricks Dictionary has been renamed Tricktionary! (Thank you Sophie Penson, for the suggestion)
- New product: 🌈 Rainbow Ladder (small dog model)
- New product: 🎬 Animal Actor Starter Pack
- New product: 🎬 Animal Actors T-shirt
- New title congratulations messages are now being posted automatically on the Do More With Your Dog Facebook page
- New specialty title! “Teacher’s Pet”
- Customers can now log in to their account using any of these accounts: Facebook, Google, Twitter, Apple, Amazon.
- New specialty title! “Beat the Clock”
- Sign up for our newsletter: text DOMORE to 42828
- Every time a new title is awarded, it is automatically published to the Do More With Your Dog FB page
- May Challenge: “20 Dog Tricks: One Prop”
- Get order updates via text message. Enter your cel phone during checkout.
- May 10th: we installed new website optimization software. There is a “settling in” period as pages get cached to proxy servers around the world. If you experience any problems, we want to know about it! Please report using the orange Chat icon on the bottom of your screen.
- With over 80,000 titles awarded, we are the first and the largest trick titling organization in the world.
- 🎬Animal Actor Workshops announced! 54 locations. All levels welcome. Attend a workshop.
- 3/14/22- Former employee Jorgi Martin was convicted of felony embezzlement, with a suspended 3 year prison sentence (L.A. County Case #: MA081269). She also committed unemployment insurance fraud, which is being prosecuted by the EDD.
- Title Rules page is now more compact with popup windows with rules and video
- Triple Crown title holders have been added to the Title Holders page
- Animal Actors Certified Evaluators (AACE) All-Star free gifts are here: black, logo training vests
- Sign up to become a CTDI and get the AACE certification for free. Use code AACE4Free
- New trick specialty title announced: That’s My Name!
- Titles awarded in 2021: 23,300
Trick titles: 18,911
Fitness titles: 3,437
Stunt Dog titles: 355
Triple Crown: 232
Animal Acting: 365
- As of the end of 2021 we have this many certified instructors/evaluators.
- Free: get your dog’s registration certificate including the list of all their titles and dates they earned them. PDF emailed to you is free.
- The Trick Title Holders page is now SEARCHABLE!
- Master list of every single trick. Searchable, sortable, and includes photos, description, video, and tutorials of each trick.
- Canine Conditioning Fitness: as a substitution for weight pull, a dog could walk uphill, using gravity as the weight.
- The Instructors/Evaluators list is now a searchable online database. Click each name for contact details and balance of credits in your bank.
- Added Venmo and Google Pay payment options.
- 🎬 Animal Actior: Added text to Level 5 item 6 “submit one professional work”. Download PDF application here. New text:
Submit a video or print shoot from a professional job that your animal was hired for. The purpose of the red card is to show that the animal can handle the commotion of a shoot, and be able to work in that environment. If you are unable to get a professional job in your area, you and your friends could set up your own professional shoot; such as a commercial for your business, or a calendar. Plan ahead of time what shot you need from each animal, and have the animal be able to get that shot.
- Change to Stunt Dog: in addition to Live Ring Trials and Live Virtual Trials, we now allow pre-recorded video submissions. This is a permanent change. Performers will no longer pre-purchase a ring ticket. Instead, they submit for their title after their performance has been approved by a Stunt Dog Judge. The certificate and website will indicate if the title was earned through a live vs video performance.
- 🎬 Animal Actior: Universally changed “a person who is unfamiliar to the animal” to “a person, preferably one who is unfamiliar to the animal”.
- Spark Team listings are now a dynamic table listing sorted with by teams that were most active in the past 60 days.
- The new 🎬 Animal Actors certification is now live!
- The new 🎬 Animal Actors Certified Evaluator (AACE) certification course is now live!
- Orange “You’ve Been Noticed” tags are appearing in the mailboxes of those who have been recognized for their accomplishments, encouragement, and helpfulness. Good work!
- November is “30 Days of Fitness” month. Download graphics here.
- New tricks added to list: “Tell Me a Secret” (intermediate), and “Selfie” (intermediate).
- Holiday Shop added
- Foreign Ambassadors added
- New Advisory Board Members start
- We are gradually adding tutorial videos for every trick on the list. It is a free course, but you’ll need to register. Kelli, from the Advisory Board, is in charge of this project.
- In this next term, we are going to make some changes to Spark Teams. This may include preparing ready-made graphics and videos to get you up and running faster. It may also possibly include forming teams with multiple coaches. Board member Natalia Nizker is spearheading this project.
- New Fitness specialty title announced: Triple Threat
- Enhanced menus implemented on website
- Stunt Dog SDGCH2 initiated
- We are phasing out allowing ATDIs to evaluate titles. People who sign up for the CTDI course from now forward will not be allowed to evaluate student titles until they have passed their CTDI exam.
- Animal Actor certification will be released to the public in January 2022
- DMWYD titles now accepted by Germany’s Australian Shepherd Club and by Germany’s Miniature American Shepherd Club.
- Certificate of Registration now available for all titled dogs as a free PDF
- Change to trick: the expert trick of “paintbrush (replace paintbrush in bucket)” has been changed to “paintbrush (poke brush at easel and replace into bucket)”
- New specialty title announced: Summer of Ruff!
- Added Cato board product
- Added stars and icons to Spark Team listings
- Added CashApp payment method
- The shopping Checkout page was simplified into a 4-page experience
- We added a new Spark Team which is co-coached by 15 instructors to give you faster response time.
- Added Cato Plank and Tilt Stand product
- New specialty title announced: Summer Scavenger Hunt!
- Tater McTavish became the first ever hedgehog 🦔 to earn his Novice Trick title.
- 12,729 Trick titles purchased Jan-June 2021 (increase of 31% over same period last year)
- Novice – 3,400
- Novice Masters – 1,010
- Intermediate – 1,848
- Intermediate Masters – 586
- Advanced – 1,548
- Advanced Masters – 481
- Expert – 945
- Expert Masters – 318
- Champion – 391
- Grand Champion – 278
- Alphabet Challenge – 970
- 20 Dog Tricks: 1 Prop – 447
- Summer Scavenger Hunt – 430
- Register of Merit – 76
- 2,071 Fitness titles purchased Jan-June 2021 (increase of 535% over same period last year)
- 2K-9 – 1,291
- CCF1 – 340
- CCF2 – 160
- CCF3 – 118
- CCF4 – 81
- CCF-CH – 81
- 170 Stunt Dog tickets purchased Jan-June 2021 (decrease of 39% over same period last year)
- Novice Stunt Dog – 65
- Open Stunt Dog – 49
- Proven Stunt Dog – 26
- Stunt Dog Professional – 12
- Stunt Dog Champion – 15
- Stunt Dog Grand Champion – 2
- New fitness specialty title announced: 2K-9 Ruff Run. Custom ribbon and medal.
- Klarna payment method was added for USA customers (this was removed in June due to low use)
- We hope that the agenda for the CKC Sept. 2021 board meeting will discuss recognizing our Specialty titles.
- We added aTitle 10-pack option for instructors to purchase for their class
- 5/18/21- the Refer-a-Friend discount changed from a coupon to a link
- New specialty title: “20 Dog Tricks One Prop“
- A PayPal “Pay Later” button has been added to checkout. This allows you to pay in installments.
- Master Class online courses can now be purchases using PayPal monthly installments.
- “Refer a Friend” was implemented. Refer a new customer to get their Trick Dog title and they get $10 and you get $10. Referral screen appears on your order confirmation page. Coupon code good for 4 weeks.
- New, custom ribbons have been added to the store for specialty titles (Alphabet Challenge, 20 Dog Tricks One Prop)
- New specialty title: “Alphabet Challenge“. Download graphics here.
- Coming Spring 2021… Animal Actors Academie Internationale
- Advisory Board 6-month term ends March 31. Several board members will have reached their 2-term limit.
- Implementation of Gold Stars which students can award to their instructors
- Instructor Buddies page added to the website
- Changes made to the TD-ROM title requirements. It now allows optional titles (NTD-M, etc) to count toward the TD-ROM, as well as Stunt Dog titles. Specialty titles (Alphabet Challenge) do not count toward the TD-ROM.
- Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) approved the recognition of the Trick Dog Grand Champion (TDGCH), the Masters titles, and the Trick Dog Register of Merit (TD-ROM) titles to the slate of titles the CKC recognizes
- We added a webpage as a resource for current instructors
- Carry-on roller bag suitcase added to the store
- Triple Crown Trainer Women’s Bomber Jacket added to the store
- Added user name to the website top menu bar
- Patty Stafford has joined the Advisory Board
- New title of Trick Dog Grand Champion announced. We begin evaluation applications on January 20, 2021.
- New Masters titles announced!
Novice Masters: Demonstrate 30 Novice level tricks.
Intermediate Masters: Demonstrate 20 Intermediate level tricks.
Advanced Masters: Demonstrate 10 Advanced level tricks.
Expert Masters: Demonstrate 10 Expert level tricks.
- Trick description clarification was made. Unless previously specified, all tricks will now be specified that they are required in one direction only (ie: spin, rollover, shake hands, leg hike, etc.) This change is noted under each trick description on the Master Class list.
- This website added a new customer service Chat Box. See the icon in the bottom corner of your screen. This lets you chat with a live person.
- We have a new member on the Advisory Board: Lorrie Reynolds
- Language indicators were added to every Spark Team
- Dansk Kennel Klub (DKK) officially recognizes the Trick Dog Champion (TDCH) title.
- December is “30-Days of Dog Play”. Download graphics here.
- New versions are being printed for Trick and Fitness title applications.
- A new, blue bumper sticker is available
- PDF certificates are now being emailed out for CTDI, CCFC, and SDJ diplomas
- Language translation menu added to the website
- New Tricks added to the Trick Dog title list:
- Stacking cups or bowls: Advanced
- Maypole (holding the end of a ribbon and running round and round a pole): Advanced
- Turning the pages of a book (with nose or paw): Advanced
- Chess (pick up and place a piece without upsetting other pieces): Expert
- 2020 Summary. Titles awarded during this year:
- Trick Dog titles awarded: 17,202
- Australia 780
- Austria 95
- Belgium 55
- Bermuda 27
- Bosnia-Herzegovina 4
- Canada 6,621
- Channel Islands 2
- Croatia 2
- Czech Republic 10
- Denmark 88
- Dominican Republic 21
- Ecuador 1
- Estonia 7
- Finland 22
- France 29
- Germany 63
- Hungary 127
- Iceland 8
- Israel 1
- Japan 4
- Lithuania 5
- Mexico 8
- New Zealand 453
- Norway 11
- Philippines 5
- Portugal 11
- Qatar 2
- Republic of Ireland 34
- Romania 2
- Russia 2
- Singapore 56
- South Africa 126
- South Korea 6
- Spain 1
- Sweden 329
- Switzerland 22
- Thailand 6
- The Netherlands 83
- United Kingdom1,417
- USA 6,655
- Canine Conditioning Fitness Titles awarded: 1,538
- Australia 85
- Austria 20
- Belgium 18
- Candada 360
- Czech Republic 5
- Denmark 10
- Dominican 14
- Hungary 4
- Iceland 2
- New Zealand 14
- Singapore 11
- Sweden 8
- The Netherlands 11
- United Kingdom 135
- USA 842
- Stunt Dog titles awarded: 702
- Triple Crown titles awarded: 456
- Certified Trick Dog Instructor (CTDI) certifications awarded: 274
- Canine Conditioning Coach (CCFC) certifications awarded: 125
- Stunt Dog Judge (SDJ) certifications awarded: 59
- Triple Crown Trainer (TCT) certifications awarded: 163
- Trick Dog titles awarded: 17,202
- November is “30 Days of Fitness” month. Download graphics here.
- This website has added flag indicators next to title holder names.
- We’ve added a webpage for Trick Dog Register of Merit (TD-ROM) title holders.
- We’ve organized instructor listings by country
- We’ve added a new Triple Crown Trainer listing
- All instructor certifications courses, now including Stunt Dog Judge certification, offer payment installment plans.
- New product offering: Box of Joy Gift Pack
- Master Class online courses are now available to be gifted to someone.
- Guidelines were posted in the Do More With Your Dog Facebook group
- A proposed project to have Trick Dog titles recognized by Swedish Kennel Club (SKK).
- A Gift Card Voucher product was added
- A customer service bot was added to the site. Access it with the icon in the lower right of your screen.
- The website migration is complete. Your old hardcoded links will redirect to the new site.
- Release of book “The Joy of Dog Training” by Kyra Sundance
- October is “30 Days of Joy” month.
- Added currency-select option on the website
- Launched four new Master Class course, each geared toward getting your CCF Fitness title
- Plans are underway to launch a Trick Dog Grand Champion title… stay tuned!
- Guidelines added to Stunt Dog virtual trials, including guidelines for ring size and type of pedestal
- Store website moved to a new host. Customer accounts were ported over, but customers will need to set a new password.
- Trick Title level changes:
- Input requested for review of trick levels. Please email us your thoughts on tricks that should be a different level. See full list and descriptions here
- Tracking has changed from Advanced to Expert
- A new trick of “Hugs” has been added (Advanced). Hug a stationary object such as your leg, or a vertical pole, or hug a teddy bear that is handed to him.
A new tricks of “Hug (pick up and hug)” (Expert) has been added. Pick up a teddy bear with his mouth and then hug it.
- Jump over a Dog has been added (Intermediate)
- Tetter-Totter has changed from Intermediate to Advanced. Rationale: It is tougher than A-frame
- Hide Your Head has changed from Novice to Advanced. Rationale: it is similar to Head Down, which is Advanced
- Roll a Barrel with Front Feet has changed from Advanced to Expert. Handler shall not touch the barrel. Rationale: Push a Shopping Cart is Expert.
- Heeling has changed from Intermediate to Advanced. Rationale: Heeling is a complex behavior chain with movement.
- Effective this month, all titles will receive a free PDF certificate. This decision was made in part because of the slow shipping times we are experiencing, especially with international mail.
- We are offering a lower price for those customers who wish only a PDF certificate but nothing in the mail. This option was requested by some international customers who incur higher shipping costs.
- Stunt Dog Virtual Trials: we lowered the price for Ring Trial tickets to $32 for the ticket only. When the successful competitor passes, they may chose to order the ribbon and certificate.
- We’ve combined all three Facebook instructor groups into one group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dmwydinstructors
- Triple Crown title was launched
- Fitness Champion title was launched
- Trick Descriptions free Master Class launched
- Fitness Descriptions free Master Class launched
- New product includes patches for TDCH, CTDI, and CCFC. Title level patch has been redesigned. CTDI achievement keychains have been redesigned.
- Advisory Board established. Email them.
- Stunt Dog Trials may now be held via live-video, from the competitor’s home.