A lot is happening at Do More With Your Dog! Here are some of the recent highlights.
Have a suggestion or recommend a change? The Board meets monthly and welcomes your ideas (it gives us something to talk about!). Please email us.
- December is Dog Play month. Download graphics here.
- November is Fitness month. Download graphics here.
- This website has added flag indicators next to title holder names.
- We’ve added a webpage for Trick Dog Register of Merit (TD-ROM) title holders.
- We’ve organized instructor listings by country
- We’ve added a new Triple Crown Trainer listing
- All instructor certifications courses, now including Stunt Dog Judge certification, offer payment installment plans.
- New product offering: Box of Joy Gift Pack
- Master Class online courses are now available to be gifted to someone.
- Guidelines were posted in the Do More With Your Dog Facebook group
- Release of book “The Joy of Dog Training” by Kyra Sundance
- October is Joy of Dog Training month
- Added currency-select option on the website
- Launched four new Master Class course, each geared toward getting your CCF Fitness title
- Plans are underway to launch a Trick Dog Grand Champion title… stay tuned!
- Guidelines added to Stunt Dog virtual trials, including guidelines for ring size and type of pedestal
- Store website moved to a new host. Customer accounts were ported over, but customers will need to set a new password.
- Trick Title level changes:
- Input requested for review of trick levels. Please email us your thoughts on tricks that should be a different level. See full list and descriptions here
- Tracking has changed from Advanced to Expert
- A new trick of “Hugs” has been added (Advanced). Hug a stationary object such as your leg, or a vertical pole, or hug a teddy bear that is handed to him.
A new tricks of “Hug (pick up and hug)” (Expert) has been added. Pick up a teddy bear with his mouth and then hug it.
- Jump over a Dog has been added (Intermediate)
- Tetter-Totter has changed from Intermediate to Advanced. Rationale: It is tougher than A-frame
- Hide Your Head has changed from Novice to Advanced. Rationale: it is similar to Head Down, which is Advanced
- Roll a Barrel with Front Feet has changed from Advanced to Expert. Handler shall not touch the barrel. Rationale: Push a Shopping Cart is Expert.
- Heeling has changed from Intermediate to Advanced. Rationale: Heeling is a complex behavior chain with movement.
- Effective this month, all titles will receive a free PDF certificate. This decision was made in part because of the slow shipping times we are experiencing, especially with international mail.
- We are offering a lower price for those customers who wish only a PDF certificate but nothing in the mail. This option was requested by some international customers who incur higher shipping costs.
- Stunt Dog Virtual Trials: we lowered the price for Ring Trial tickets to $32 for the ticket only. When the successful competitor passes, they may chose to order the ribbon and certificate.
- We’ve combined all three Facebook instructor groups into one group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dmwydinstructors
- Triple Crown title was launched
- Fitness Champion title was launched
- Trick Descriptions free Master Class launched
- Fitness Descriptions free Master Class launched
- New product includes patches for TDCH, CTDI, and CCFC. Title level patch has been redesigned. CTDI achievement keychains have been redesigned.
- Advisory Board established. Email them.
- Stunt Dog Trials may now be held via live-video, from the competitor’s home.