A lot is happening at Do More With Your Dog! Here are some of the recent highlights.
Have a suggestion or recommend a change? The Board meets monthly and welcomes your ideas (it gives us something to talk about!). Please email us.
- New specialty title: “20 Dog Tricks One Prop”
- A PayPal “Pay Later” button has been added to checkout. This allows you to pay in installments.
- Master Class online courses can now be purchases using PayPal monthly installments.
- March is “30-Days of the Alphabet” month. Download graphics here.
- Coming Spring 2021… Animal Actors Academie Internationale
- Advisory Board 6-month term ends March 31. Several board members will have reached their 2-term limit.
- Implementation of Gold Stars which students can award to their instructors
- Instructor Buddies page added to the website
- Changes made to the TD-ROM title requirements. It now allows optional titles (NTD-M, etc) to count toward the TD-ROM, as well as Stunt Dog titles. Specialty titles (Alphabet Challenge) do not count toward the TD-ROM.
- Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) approved the recognition of the Trick Dog Grand Champion (TDGCH), the Masters titles, and the Trick Dog Register of Merit (TD-ROM) titles to the slate of titles the CKC recognizes
- We added a webpage as a resource for current instructors
- Carry-on roller bag suitcase added to the store
- Triple Crown Trainer Women’s Bomber Jacket added to the store
- Added user name to the website top menu bar
Trick Dog titles earned in the month of MARCH:
🇨🇦 Canada 900🇺🇸 United States 849🇬🇧 United Kingdom 450🇩🇰 Denmark 291🇸🇪 Sweden 94🇿🇦 South Africa 87🇦🇺 Australia 55🇭🇺 Hungary 30🇮🇪 Ireland 24🇩🇪 Germany 17🇳🇱The Netherlands 17🇦🇹 Austria 15🇳🇴 Norway 13🇫🇮 Finland 13🇧🇪 Belgium 9🇳🇿 New Zealand 9🇪🇸 Spain 8🇸🇬 Singapore 7🇨🇿 Czech Republic 6🇵🇱 Poland 4🇮🇸 Iceland 4🇯🇵 Japan 4🇷🇴 Romania 3🇪🇪Estonia 2🇲🇽 Mexio 1🇵🇰 Pakistan 1🇵🇹 Portugal 1🇭🇷 Croatia 1
- Patty Stafford has joined the Advisory Board
- New title of Trick Dog Grand Champion announced. We begin evaluation applications on January 20, 2021.
- New Masters titles announced!
Novice Masters: Demonstrate 30 Novice level tricks.
Intermediate Masters: Demonstrate 20 Intermediate level tricks.
Advanced Masters: Demonstrate 10 Advanced level tricks.
Expert Masters: Demonstrate 10 Expert level tricks.
- Trick description clarification was made. Unless previously specified, all tricks will now be specified that they are required in one direction only (ie: spin, rollover, shake hands, leg hike, etc.) This change is noted under each trick description on the Master Class list.
- This website added a new customer service Chat Box. See the icon in the bottom corner of your screen. This lets you chat with a live person.
- We have a new member on the Advisory Board: Lorrie Reynolds
- Language indicators were added to every Spark Team
- Dansk Kennel Klub (DKK) officially recognizes the Trick Dog Champion (TDCH) title.
- December is “30-Days of Dog Play”. Download graphics here.
- New versions are being printed for Trick and Fitness title applications.
- A new, blue bumper sticker is available
- PDF certificates are now being emailed out for CTDI, CCFC, and SDJ diplomas
- Language translation menu added to the website
- New Tricks added to the Trick Dog title list:
- Stacking cups or bowls: Advanced
- Maypole (holding the end of a ribbon and running round and round a pole): Advanced
- Turning the pages of a book (with nose or paw): Advanced
- Chess (pick up and place a piece without upsetting other pieces): Expert
- 2020 Summary. Titles awarded during this year:
- Trick Dog titles awarded: 17,202
- Australia 780
- Austria 95
- Belgium 55
- Bermuda 27
- Bosnia-Herzegovina 4
- Canada 6,621
- Channel Islands 2
- Croatia 2
- Czech Republic 10
- Denmark 88
- Dominican Republic 21
- Ecuador 1
- Estonia 7
- Finland 22
- France 29
- Germany 63
- Hungary 127
- Iceland 8
- Israel 1
- Japan 4
- Lithuania 5
- Mexico 8
- New Zealand 453
- Norway 11
- Philippines 5
- Portugal 11
- Qatar 2
- Republic of Ireland 34
- Romania 2
- Russia 2
- Singapore 56
- South Africa 126
- South Korea 6
- Spain 1
- Sweden 329
- Switzerland 22
- Thailand 6
- The Netherlands 83
- United Kingdom1,417
- USA 6,655
- Canine Conditioning Fitness Titles awarded: 1,538
- Australia 85
- Austria 20
- Belgium 18
- Candada 360
- Czech Republic 5
- Denmark 10
- Dominican 14
- Hungary 4
- Iceland 2
- New Zealand 14
- Singapore 11
- Sweden 8
- The Netherlands 11
- United Kingdom 135
- USA 842
- Stunt Dog titles awarded: 702
- Triple Crown titles awarded: 456
- Certified Trick Dog Instructor (CTDI) certifications awarded: 274
- Canine Conditioning Coach (CCFC) certifications awarded: 125
- Stunt Dog Judge (SDJ) certifications awarded: 59
- Triple Crown Trainer (TCT) certifications awarded: 163
- Trick Dog titles awarded: 17,202
- November is “30 Days of Fitness” month. Download graphics here.
- This website has added flag indicators next to title holder names.
- We’ve added a webpage for Trick Dog Register of Merit (TD-ROM) title holders.
- We’ve organized instructor listings by country
- We’ve added a new Triple Crown Trainer listing
- All instructor certifications courses, now including Stunt Dog Judge certification, offer payment installment plans.
- New product offering: Box of Joy Gift Pack
- Master Class online courses are now available to be gifted to someone.
- Guidelines were posted in the Do More With Your Dog Facebook group
- A proposed project to have Trick Dog titles recognized by Swedish Kennel Club (SKK).
- A Gift Card Voucher product was added
- A customer service bot was added to the site. Access it with the icon in the lower right of your screen.
- The website migration is complete. Your old hardcoded links will redirect to the new site.
- Release of book “The Joy of Dog Training” by Kyra Sundance
- October is “30 Days of Joy” month
- Added currency-select option on the website
- Launched four new Master Class course, each geared toward getting your CCF Fitness title
- Plans are underway to launch a Trick Dog Grand Champion title… stay tuned!
- Guidelines added to Stunt Dog virtual trials, including guidelines for ring size and type of pedestal
- Store website moved to a new host. Customer accounts were ported over, but customers will need to set a new password.
- Trick Title level changes:
- Input requested for review of trick levels. Please email us your thoughts on tricks that should be a different level. See full list and descriptions here
- Tracking has changed from Advanced to Expert
- A new trick of “Hugs” has been added (Advanced). Hug a stationary object such as your leg, or a vertical pole, or hug a teddy bear that is handed to him.
A new tricks of “Hug (pick up and hug)” (Expert) has been added. Pick up a teddy bear with his mouth and then hug it.
- Jump over a Dog has been added (Intermediate)
- Tetter-Totter has changed from Intermediate to Advanced. Rationale: It is tougher than A-frame
- Hide Your Head has changed from Novice to Advanced. Rationale: it is similar to Head Down, which is Advanced
- Roll a Barrel with Front Feet has changed from Advanced to Expert. Handler shall not touch the barrel. Rationale: Push a Shopping Cart is Expert.
- Heeling has changed from Intermediate to Advanced. Rationale: Heeling is a complex behavior chain with movement.
- Effective this month, all titles will receive a free PDF certificate. This decision was made in part because of the slow shipping times we are experiencing, especially with international mail.
- We are offering a lower price for those customers who wish only a PDF certificate but nothing in the mail. This option was requested by some international customers who incur higher shipping costs.
- Stunt Dog Virtual Trials: we lowered the price for Ring Trial tickets to $32 for the ticket only. When the successful competitor passes, they may chose to order the ribbon and certificate.
- We’ve combined all three Facebook instructor groups into one group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dmwydinstructors
- Triple Crown title was launched
- Fitness Champion title was launched
- Trick Descriptions free Master Class launched
- Fitness Descriptions free Master Class launched
- New product includes patches for TDCH, CTDI, and CCFC. Title level patch has been redesigned. CTDI achievement keychains have been redesigned.
- Advisory Board established. Email them.
- Stunt Dog Trials may now be held via live-video, from the competitor’s home.
Embezzlement Case – Jorgi Martin
April 29, 2020 Dear Customers:
It has been concluded that a former employee, Jorgi Martin, was embezzling money. Jorgi set up a fake PayPal account called Do More With Your Dog and was sending Paypal invoices to our customers. Those customer payments were being deposited into Jorgi’s personal account. Jorgi did this particularly with non-goods purchases which couldn’t be inventoried such as Fastrack phone call exams, and Master Class online courses, but we also have evidence of her doing this with higher priced merchandise such as CTDI kits and Stunt Dog kits. Please help us to collect data by forwarding any PayPal receipt from her invoices. Note that any PayPal invoice you have from her will not be accessible as she deleted her PayPal account. Please forward receipts to email@example.com